Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2013: WAR IN THE HEAVENLIES......

                                                      
                                                                         

JAHDIEL:
The clang of clashing steel rent the heavens as Satriel and the minion went at it. Surprisingly the minion was taking the fight to him and on hearing the trumpet of my comrade, I knew I had to join the fray. Sulphurous fumes choked me as I got entwined in the battle and no sooner had I joined than I started losing ground myself. Something was definitely wrong. Naturally, the minion was not in my league and should have capitulated long before now. It should have been a higher prince in their dark ranks that would have fought with such skill, certainly not him. I had to get that scroll of promise from his hand or a lot would be lost right from the very beginning. Something made me look downwards and immediately I saw what and where the problem was.

Kemi had not let go of the past! A cloud of depression still hung over her. Her break up with Femi and the job she lost were still so much on her mind. Even though the word had gone forth that God was doing a new thing in this new dispensation, she clung to the pain of the past like a drowning man clings to a life line. She still swam in the ocean of her hurt, coloring the canvas of a new year with the brush and oils of the old. The atmosphere she had created around her was too melancholic for heaven’s intervention (The Elohim inhabits the praises of his people). We ministers to the Heirs of salvation need the medium of jubilation and celebration to carry out our celestial duties. Even though our mandate was to bring the words of Elohim to pass in her circumstances, we were hamstrung by her attitude. The scroll in the minion’s hand was the title deed to the promise of enlargement that was hers but we could not retrieve it due to her gloomy feelings. When would the blood washed earthlings realize that they determine to a large extent what happens in the heavens by their outlook?

Terror raced through me, as I saw another minion slobbering and jabbering over her head. It was “Suicide” and he was staking claim on her mind through the door of all that dank mood of depression. Suicide loves depression, the way the teenage mutant ninja turtles love pizza. He feeds fat on it. This situation was getting critical. My ward was creating a path to join us way earlier than had been written into her destiny from the foundation of the world. Something had to happen fast! I had to get the scroll but my hands were tied, my wings had been clipped. Without the words of the promise, all was lost.

The minion had made short work of Satriel and now came at me with all the fury of hell. Slashing, thrusting, parrying, cutting, he unleashed a torrent of blows at me to the last inch of my life. It was all I could do not to capitulate. The last blow was meant to decapitate me and I blocked with every bit of might I possessed. My head was saved but the force ripped the sword from my grip. The cocky grin on his ugly mug dared me; his smile said it was all over…..

KEMI:
The prophetic word had gone forth that this was my “year of enlargement” but I had heard all that before. Last year, it was “Word and wonders’ and all I received were harsh words that destroyed my esteem and wondrous heart break. Before then it was “Transfer by favour” which was true because my favor at work was transferred to another and I lost my job. I am surprised at how cynical and sarcastic I have become considering the fact that I used to be pretty gay. I am even so shocked at myself that these days I even entertain the thoughts of suicide. I find myself browsing suicide sites on the web, all that stuff about guarding your heart with all diligence had become hogwash to me. I know I have opened up myself to the prince of darkness but right now, I am past caring. What would be will be (que sera, sera). Truth is sometimes I feel someone praying for me even though I have left the prayer unit of my church for a while now. Even my presence in church these days is more out of religion than communion. I have become a sad, miserable case. Anyway I started it all by giving my heart to an irreverent soul because he was so good looking and rich coupled with the fact that I was approaching 38. But even though it was my fault, I still laid the blame on God’s laps. He should have been able to avert all these, but the scriptures that say a man seeks out his ways, and then rails against Him kept darting through the muddy waters of my heart like a mudskipper.

It was 3am and the telly was blaring. That is the only way I get to sleep these day. The TV has be on to give a feeling of companionship. It helps me to combat the feeling of loneliness but it does not help my sleep much. Through the haze of lexotan induced sleep (that He gives his beloved sleep stopped applying to me months ago), the voice of some televangelist came cutting through “He has loved us with an everlasting love”. For some reason, those words were like the hint of spring following a harsh winter. It stirred something within my soul, awakened a feeling that was long dead. A long capped well opened within me and out of it gushed living water like I had never experienced. Joy and faith surged like the rising Nile. I knelt by my bed and wept while asking for forgiveness. I prayed and worshipped. I sang and praised and I wept some more………

It was like a fist of cloud quickly blossomed into giant mushrooms of divine cumulus nimbus clouds that poured forth healing rain. Rains that filled the dry wells of my spirit and as I remembered that the prophetic mandate was for us to sing this year, gallons upon gallons of praise were lifted to water my dry altar. Fire whooshed down like it happened between Elijah and the prophets of baal in the Old Testament. I sang like a thrush that had escaped the shackles of a harsh and debilitating winter. I sang like a nightingale that has scorned the buffeting winds that ripped away its feathers. “Great is Your faithfulness”, “Great is Your mercy towards me”, the praise poured forth like rich wine, each cupful meant for the worship buds of my King. I sang and sang and sang……

JAHDIEL:
Inexplicably, my weakness disappeared and with the speed of lightening I flew after and caught my falling sword. The minion was in trouble and he knew it as a confused look suffused his face. We both looked downwards and saw what was happening. That was the last look he ever took. Some of his higher princes appeared but since I was in my element, they did not have a prayer (that is if they could ever pray, I chuckled to myself….). They came at me in hordes and I harvested their heads like a husband man putting the sickle to harvest. It had being written that the gates of hell will never prevail against the Lamb’s chosen ones. When the others heard the flap of Michael’s heavy wings, they all took flight. I picked up Kemi’s scrolled title deed and felt so good. I was delighted within for her because I was going to ensure every promise was performed in her life, my job was to make good the pledges of the Elohim to her. 2013, a spring of possibilities and enlargement…………

As I flew down to start off my urgent assignment, top priority was to extirpate “Suicide” (he escaped my wrath once and caused great havoc, this time he will not I determined resolutely); I heard the words that the Elohim spoke to Jacob’s children years ago through Isaiah in the 54th chapter of his manuscript…. Sing……Enlarge the place of your tent and let the curtains of your habitation be stretched out: spare not: lengthen your cords and strengthen your stakes. For you will spread abroad to the right hand and left……..”

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

                                         
                                                                                                                          © 2013 Ekpo Ezechinyere

No comments:

Post a Comment